Saturday, April 9, 2011

Where to eat?!

Does this question always bug you? 
"Where do you want to eat?" 
Usual response/ reply.. 
"I don't know. Anywhere." 

My brother recently celebrated his 23rd. So a couple of days before his birthday I asked him where did he want to have his birthday dinner. This was because I had to make reservations and what nots. So, I had to ask him the question above. And as usual, I got the expected answer. Sigh. 

Thank God for eatability.com. This website is like a food review forum. Just refine your search to the area you want to dine at, and what cuisine you want and you'll get a number of different restaurants popping up. Read the reviews, look at the average score and take your pick. 

I asked my brother to do just that, and we (with the cousins) ended up at WaQu in Crows Nest. 

Sorry for not having pictures of the interior WaQu. The lightings were pretty dim and I only had my ipod touch camera with me. So the pics turned out pretty crappy. But just so you know, the interior design isn't very artsy fartsy. It's on the minimalist side of things, but very classy. 

Nonetheless, I got pictures of my food. hehe
Basil sorbet with kara-age prawns and yuzu yoghurt
Chilled corn soup with prawn consomme jelly
Sashimi 3 way
WaQu Aquarium 
Wagyu beef
Dessert. Forgot the name. But...
It was something with ice cream and rosehip soup
Strawberry cheese birthday cake!

I really enjoyed my meal and WaQu. I bet everyone else did. The service was pretty good too. (: Definitely a place to go again if you ask me. 

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment