Friday, March 11, 2011

Whirlwind

I had one crazy week! My diary and schedule were so packed for the past few days. I was such a busy bee as I was part of the organizing team for Capital W's First Year's Welcome Party. 

The party was on Wednesday evening. And on that day, I somehow managed to carry 72 mini cupcakes and muffins to uni in one bag and cups, serviettes and serving plates in another. I was basically lugging 2 big bags and my handbag to uni. I don't know how I did that. But later that night, my hands and legs were sore. :( 

This was my first time co-organizing an event for Capital W. I had some experience volunteering with them before. But then I was just helping out that time. This time 'round, I had to oversee food, registration, gifts, presentation, program, etc. for the whole event. Thank God I was doing it with Jess. :) It was tough, but fun and I definitely managed to learn loads from the Executive team. 

The turn-out for the night was much more than expected. It was an RSVP event, but some girls who didn't manage to do so came along too. I call that enthusiastic! :D Luckily we had enough food. And space. 

Overall, everyone enjoyed themselves. The feedback was positive! The girls enjoyed the food AND the gifts we had for lucky draw. It's so satisfying to see that our hard work paid off. I was especially happy as I was in-charge of getting sponsorship for gifts. Managed to get Bowerhaus to help us out! :)) They were so supportive! Thanks girls! xoxo
Lucky draw gifts from Bowerhaus, Oroton and Napolean Perdis
Happy winner!

Now that I'm done with the event, I've to put my head together to clear off my uni work. I can't let my extra-curricular activities affect my studies, can I? 

Time to get down to business now! Hope your week has been great! Have a great weekend ahead!

xX

3 comments:

  1. sounds like an exciting event. am sure everything was worth it even though at night all the sore started to kick in. So proud of u, first event. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great event! I haven't done anything like that before (helping with organising). Hope your studying is going well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nazneen: thanks nazneen! :))

    Gracie: still trying to balance fun and school work haha :)

    ReplyDelete