Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The View and Food

What did I see?
Trees, snow capped mountains, lakes (so many of them), goats, cows, sheep.

Where was I?
New Zealand.

T'was my first time in South Island. Nice place with magnificent scenery, but I'll probably be back only when I'm 70. haha. If you're an adrenaline junkie, if you love nature walks/ trekking, basically any outdoor activity, NZ would be the place for you to visit. 

I'm more of the city holidaymaker :p Bring me anywhere with tall buildings, shops, good food and everything would be good. teehee 

But don't get me wrong, I enjoyed NZ very much. Had some pretty awesome meals there. (:

My favourite place in South Island would be Queenstown. It's home to extreme sports. Everyone Nearly everyone went bungee jumping and paragliding. Me? Haha I'm too chicken for such activities. My heart can't take it. *runs and hide*
Bungee jumping at the Kawarau River
If you happen to be in Queenstown, I'll recommend you to take the Skyline. By spending just NZ$25, you'll be able to take a ride on a gondola to the top of the mountain. Here, you'll be able to get a panoramic view of Queenstown. Breathtaking view I assure you. (:

Some shots I managed to snap. 
On the gondola
With Aunty No. 3
When it comes to dining in Queenstown, you'll be spoilt for choice. There are so many restaurants here you'll never go hungry. haha. 

I would recommend...
It's a MUST try when you're in Queenstown. It's very popular and the queue is never-ending. I had to wait for half an hour for my burger -.- BUT, it was worth the wait. I had the basic Ferg Burger. The beef, tomatoes, lettuce and bread were soooo fresh. It was absolutely yummy! Its actually a pretty big serving. So I shared the burger with my mom. Even with half that burger, I was stuffed. 

MyThai.


My family were craving for some Thai food. So we landed ourselves here. I had my usual Pad Thai. I think it was one of the best dished on their menu. I really loved the deco in this restaurant too. I thought the hanging umbrellas were really pretty. And if you're lucky enough to get a table by the window, you'll be able to enjoy a really great view, overlooking mountains and the waterfront. 


We were dining here on our last night in Queesntown. This fine dining restaurant is at Steamer Wharf right on the waterfront. I had the Northland Snapper. A very simple dish, but every element on this dish was perfect. (: I was a happy diner :p As for dessert, we shared the Chef's dessert platter. Ahem... Actually I finished the majority of it :p I've a sweet tooth. 
On the platter were strawberry shortcake, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, coffee sorbet and a white chocolate thing which I can't remember.. Whoops :p My favourite was this strawberry shortcake. Super yumms! :D

Will update more. But I should really stop here. This post is getting too long. Congrats for reading up till here :p

Have a great day! (:

xX 

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to New Zealand to see the scenery. It looks like such a beautiful place. And good food is always a plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is! Very very scenic! :))

    ReplyDelete