Friday, February 18, 2011

Yum Yum Yum, My Favourite!

I thought I'll just share the cupcake recipe I use with my readers. 

I've been using this recipe ever since I found it (a year ago). It's so easy, it basically takes less than half an hour for you to get your yummy, freshly baked cupcakes on the table. It's the perfect thing to bring to a house-warming party or even for a movie night-in with your girlfriends! :)) 'Cos let's face it, who doesn't want a cupcake? Especially those with pretty decorations. :p 

I can't remember which website I got this from...But here's the recipe:

Basic Vanilla Cupcake
Ingredients:
150 g of butter- softened
150 g of castor sugar
175 g of self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Steps:
1. Pre-heat your oven t 180C.
2. Line your cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for approx. 2 mins. until light and creamy.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases. 
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. 
8. Allow it to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack. 

Butter Cream Frosting
Ingredients:
150 g of softened butter
250 g of icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tsp of hot water

Steps:
1. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
2. Once well combined, add in vanilla and water. Beat until smooth and creamy. 

...............................................

Both recipes make 12 cupcakes. Adjust the butter cream frosting to your own liking. For instance, some people prefer it to be not so sweet, etc.

I love using this recipe because my cupcakes always come out moist :)) So that's a plus point!

I actually used this recipe to bake my heart-shaped cake as seen below. It was awesome too! Go try it for yourself and tell me about it! :))

xX

3 comments:

  1. looks good! butter cupcake is the easiest! I love love love baking!! You should try baking oreos cupcakes. scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. christie: yess they're delish!!

    nazneen: oreos cupcakes?? wow sounds fantastic! do you have the recipe to share? :)

    ReplyDelete