Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Five Things

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cherries! These were from a cherry farm in NZ. On the way down from Queenstown. I can't remember the name of the place. It was actually quite embarrassing. Ahem.. 'Cos we were trespassing someone's farm/ property and we didn't know it! Oops! Honest mistake.

ANG PAU-S or better known as red packets! What's not to love about having an elder passing you a red envelope with some cash in it for the new year ;) It's the Chinese tradition. Anyone married would be giving away these 'red packets' to those who are younger/ not married. Every child's favourite part of Chinese New Year if you ask me. The 'red packets' above are customised with my family name on it (in chinese). My mom managed to get these when we were in Hong Kong last year. Although not red (it's a gold coloured packet actually), it's still a very good colour for the new year as gold symbolises wealth and good luck. Yeap, pass a chinese anything in red or gold and they'll love you. 

These are called NGA KU. Basically they're just potato chips. But somehow, they taste a lil bit different. Very yummy if you ask me! :p And they're only usually available for sale during Chinese New Year. Unless, you know how to make them yourselves. haha

One of the best Chai Latte's I've tasted. This was from Fiordland Pizzeria in Te Anau, NZ. I'm not hard to please when it comes to Chai Latte. But this was pretty smooth and the aroma was just... (can't explain..haha). And compared to the one I drank at the airport (horrible!!), this was one of the best! But then again, everything tastes better when you're on a holiday. 

Ok, this is silly. But Gossip Girl! What better way to sit back and relax and enjoy yet another episode of Gossip Girl. Just observe the clothes, Chase Crawford, the clothes, the clothes and the clothes. haha :p

............................................................................................................

I forgot to write a Valentine's Day entry yesterday. My day was sooooo packed and at the end of it I was too tired to do anything else but to lie down flat on the bed. 

Here's my attempt at a heart-shaped cake. Vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I tried to make the frosting look like flowers :p 

I had a good Vday knowing I was loved. Not just on Vday, but every other day of the year! :D 
<3

Hope all of you had a good V'day!

xX




3 comments:

  1. wow! the heart shape cake looks sooooo yummy and pretty!! care to share recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's actually my cupcake recipe!

    I'll put up a post on that cake recipe soon! (:

    ReplyDelete