Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Merdeka!

Happy Merdeka to All Malaysians! 

Yeap, yet another year..Malaysia celebrates her independence. (: 

I miss all the countdowns and parades. Sigh..why wasn't I interested in these things when I was younger? When I was still at home. Gahhh

Oh well, in a few years time I'll be back! Celebrating Merdeka!

I must say, I'm proud to be a Malaysian! 

I get pretty annoyed with individuals who constantly criticise the country. Commenting about the education system...the "rude" Malaysians, etc. C'mon every country has its flaws. There's no such thing as the perfect country. Yes, the education system may be a lil screwed up at the moment. But people, didn't you get your early education there??? Where did you learn your ABCs and 123s and basic algebra? So it's not as bad. 

And btw, not ALL Malaysians are rude helloooo...perhaps it was just unfortunate that you bumped into a few nasty ones. Generally, most of them are nice (: *ahem* haha

What I love about my country:
1. Great food (Anytime, Any where, Any cuisine)
2. Great weather (some may bag to differ..haha)
3. Great shopping (cheap or cheaper...depends on what you want)

Writing this makes me miss home a whole lot more :( I miss my family, the boyfriend, and friends. The familiarity of everything. 

Hope everyone back home is having a blast! Have a great holiday (even though it's just for a day). 

AND...Don't take Independence for granted. (:

We're all very blessed!

Once again, Selamat Merdeka!


xX

No comments:

Post a Comment