Monday, June 28, 2010

Another Day

It's been pretty cold these couple of days. I've been suffering from a head cold the whole day. :( Slept the whole afternoon, and hence a very unproductive day.

Oh well...the holidays are meant for me to take time off to relax and sleep. :P hehe..But you see, when you've parents around, they think sleeping till 11 am is a big NO NO. I get my mom screaming in my ears, waking me up every morning -.- Note to self: Let your kids sleep till whatever time they want during holidays in the future (:

Anyway, my mom was up for some baking today. Actually she's been bugging me to bake a butter cake for 3 days now. I've been putting it off due to pure laziness. haha. But we finally got to it after dinner today (:

I used a recipe for the butter cake. Haven't tried it before. And boy oh boy, my mom doesn't like to follow recipes. "You have to learn to improvise la..Don't need to follow the recipe exactly" That's what she said..

I don't know why. But in the end we added cocoa powder into the batter. Haha. So it's a cocoa butter cake. Didn't turn out so bad actually. Tastes pretty decent too (:

Our cocoa butter cake

Baking is a good mother-daughter bonding activity. You should try it! While baking my mom told me stories about the times she used to bake with my grandmother. It's kindda cool.. 'Cos I didn't have the privilege to meet my maternal grandmother. She went back to heaven before I came into existence. Stories like these help me learn more about my granny (:

Today's been a day filled with food and sleep. I'm not exactly complaining. haha. Love doing all that, but I do hope my day tomorrow is more productive.

Hope your day went well (:

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment