Monday, June 21, 2010

Gratefulness

Hmm..I always hear that word being said to me as I was growing up.
Mommy and Daddy would always remind me to be grateful when I started complaining about the things I did not have. I remember as a kid, my brother and I went up to the parents to ask for the PlayStation game console. We wanted it so badly 'cos one of the cousins had it (and it was in his own room mind you!).

The answer the parents gave was a big fat NO. As kids, we started saying things like "why not???" "(insert name) has his own PS and he has it in his own roooom" "why can't we have it too?" 
The lecture about being grateful and thankful for the things we had would come. The "lecture" would also last for some time I kid you not. haha

Now as a young lady, I still have things that I want really badly. As much as I would love to..I would want to expand my wardrobe, shoes, bags and accessories collection. No, I'm NOT MATERIALISTIC! I'm just a typical girl who loves the finer things in life. :P haha

Since I'm still studying, I rely on the parents to fulfil my wishes. hehe. Same questions would be asked and if the answer is No... :( I'll get the same lecture again. To teach me to value my belongings like my bags and jewellery, my parents would actually make me work for it! Yes, I have to get good grades in school to get what I want. Sometimes sucking up to them doesn't work. Nothing comes free and easy yo!

I kindda realise how being grateful is important now. I'm an Economics student and any basic Economics textbook you pick up will read "People have unlimited wants, but limited resources". It struck me today that if we're to always compare ourselves with other people around us..If we focus on the things we do not have..If we only think about all the bad things that we have to go through..We'll lead absolutely miserable lives!

I mean...C'mon, there's always someone out there who has it better than us, no? Why don't we learn to change our perspective and be grateful for all that we have (: You'll be surprised to see how blessed you are!


I don't know why I'm talking about this today. Sorry for the boredom! hehe. Whatever that I've written up there just came into my thoughts a few minutes ago.

On a lighter note..
Went to Diva today. It was on sale. :D Buy 4 items for just 10 bucks!!! Total bargain. I like to believe that I'm a smart buyer again. haha.


Passed by Ben Sherman before I left the city. Saw this really nice top. (: I even tried it on and was thinking of purchasing it. BUT..I placed the top back to its original rack and walked away. I'm so proud of myself. haha.
Reckon it's not worth the money (:

Goodnight!
Have an awesome week ahead guys!

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment