Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sugar Overload!

I'm not sure about you, but I personally hate dislike winter. The weather becomes so cold and it's also gloomy most of the time. When the clock strikes 5, it's dark already. Can get pretty depressing some days when the sun hardly comes out. Not to mention, the cold makes you eat all the time. I eat so frequently during winter it's not funny anymore. Yea..like every 2 hours I think..Gahhh

If you know me personally, I love anything sweet. Give me anything sweet like cupcakes, ice cream, puddings, custards, etc and I'll be smiling the whole day. :P hehe. When I was still in KL, I used to "eat to live". Wasn't a food fan. A year and a half of studying in Sydney made me love my food more. haha..I wonder why...Influenced by the boyfriend, cousin and friends I think :P

Ok..I'm going off topic. Back to desserts!

The Mommy made tong sui today for dessert after dinner. It's actually a chinese dessert.


I don't know what this is called in English, but it has winter melon and longan in it. It's best served warm in this sort of weather I'm in at the moment. Back home, I'll usually chill it for a couple of hours before digging in.

I had not one, but TWO desserts today. Talk about fattening. haha

The cousin, Jenny, made strawberry cheesecake. It was oh-so-yummy! Haven't been indulging in cheesecakes for a long time. I'm not a cheesecake kindda person, but I definitely love this one! Will get the recipe soon and try it out myself.


Look at it! Yummy isn't it? Wait..Maybe the picture doesn't justify itself. You have to taste it to believe it. :P

See how much sugar I've been consuming today? Gotta hit the gym tomorrow.

Talking about desserts, I found Gateaux-licious. The cakes are home-made and they come in any designs you want. Just snap a picture, send it to them and they're create an exact replica for you! But this time, it's edible. :D You should check these bags out...




Are they blowing your mind? haha..Not to mention, they make wedding cakes too. So to my Malaysian/ KL-ian (I just made up that word..haha)  readers, if you're interested, give them a buzz. I don't mind one of their cakes for my birthday next year *hinthint* :P haha..Just joking!

All pictures of Gateaux-licious cakes are taken from www.gateaux-licious.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoyed your read (:

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment