Sunday, July 25, 2010

Old School Baking

"We rock it old school!" hmm..Is that a line from White Chicks or something? Haha

But yes..I did some baking the old school method today. Instead of using my new handmixer, I used a whisk. I have no idea why I opted for that. Hmm...maybe 'cos I was a lil upset before baking. Using the whisk to beat the eggs was an outlet to release some anger and dissatisfaction I guess. haha. But before handmixers were invented, didn't it take just too much effort to bake? LoL

I made a simple sponge cake. Beating the eggs till they were stiff wasn't a very easy task I must say. My arm hurt so bad after that. I had to keep asking my mom "Is this ready yet?" And she'll go "Beat it for awhile more". Definitely not something I like hearing at that time. 

Just stood in the same position for about 20 mins. Well, I think it was 20 mins. I actually don't know. Didn't check the time. But it did feel like That long. haha

And finally I got the egg white looking like this!


After adding in the egg yolk, sugar and self raising flour, I managed to get this...


Actually it looks the same. Just a bit yellow-er 'cos of the egg yolk and the texture was thicker cos of the self-raising flour.

This went straight into the oven for 20 minutes and became this..


Yayy!!! Success :D

Oh..and since I was on a baking roll. I made chocolate chip cookies too! 


This happens to be my family's favourite at the moment. You just get so satisfied when something you bake or cook gets comments like "Mmmm...this is yummy!" :D

I made all these in under an hour! This is fast! Well, I got a kitchen helper at the moment... Mummy. hehe


Gosh, sugar rush no? :P

Anyway, this is random info but BBM is being a pain these few days. Grrrrr... The boyfriend is usually just a BBM message away, but my conversations have been cut really short now due to its inefficiency. -.- Please BBM, fix yourself soon. Thank you! (:

Hope your weekend is going great!

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment