Saturday, July 31, 2010

People Watching

Uni has been on for 2 weeks already. Will be stepping into week 3 very very soon. Quizzes, assignments and other assessments would pour in like rain soon too. And before I know it, I will be sitting for my finals again. Then it'll be the more-than-3-months break which I can't wait for! hehe

I only go to uni 3 times a week. But I spend overly long hours there each time I step foot on its compound. Like Thursdays, 2 tutorials with a 6 hour break in between is in sane! Maybe time should be spent at the library in a cubicle, instead of the law lounge where I just eat and chatter chatter chatter. haha

Mondays are the best now! Not too tiring, except for the 2 hour accounting lecture I start the week with -.- 
Short breaks in between allow me to people-watch. Only if the weather permits this activity. 

The weather was 'perfect' last Monday. I just sat at the steps near Robert Webster with a bottle of fruit juice. Took out my camera from my handbag and started snapping some random things around me. 

Sitting down alone allows me to clear my mind and think about what I've to accomplish for the week. Fortunately, the Sun was giving out heat that day (: The not-too-strong wind also managed gave me fresh air. Not too bad an activity to do actually.

As I was just sitting down, I noticed many things. Actually, I was just observing how students dressed to uni. But I was just observing the girls. haha

I noticed that most girls were very casual. Just t-shirt and jeans with a hoodie and a pair of converse. The most comfy outfit you can wear to uni actually. My staple during exam periods, when you don't have time to think of what to wear (with all the stress and pressure). But t-shirt hoodie and jeans doesn't provide me enough warmth during winter! Seriously... Only short coats and trenchcoats would work for me these 3 months.

On the other hand, some girls are just too OTT (over the top). I mean..short glittery dresses to uni with a colourful bag? Really? Where you going??? To a party or to get an education? 

I also spotted a couple of girls rocking the vintage look. Some carried it off really well I must say. With the lace dress/ top without looking ah-ma. And that vintage messenger bag over your shoulder. Well done! But I realised that not many Asians can pull of that look. Well, I'm not saying all Asians can't. Just those who happened to walk pass me that day.

Oh, and UNSW-ians (girls) are not headband people. That whole day, I only spotted 3 girls with headbands on. No Blair Waldorfs here. haha

So anyway...Here are some pictures I took.

Clear blue sky (:

See what winter does to the poor tree?
Shoes were killing my feet!

Looking forward to a better week!
Hope yours went well (:

xX

No comments:

Post a Comment